We found an interesting article and thought you might like to read it. Its “Shocktober” in October – if you have any articles about whats going on in your community, then send us a link…..firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday 16th October is re-start a heart day
Launched in 2014 by the European Resuscitation Council, Restart a Heart Day is an international campaign that aims to raise awareness of cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AEDs) through face-to-face education & social media.
Some quick facts.
- Only 1 in 10 survive a cardiac arrest.
- Starting CPR immediately is one of most critical factors in surviving cardiac arrest.
- For every minute that CPR is delayed, cardiac arrest survival decreases by 10%.
- Bystander CPR has increased by 20% over the past decade.
- Chances of survival double if shocked by a public AED before paramedics arrive.
- Anyone can use an AED. You don’t need to be trained.