It’s always great to hear about the news of a life being saved through the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED). Recently we reported on the story of a mother starting CPR before the stadium’s defibrillator was applied to her 15 year old son bringing him back to life after he suffered a Sudden Cardiac Arrest whilst playing basketball.
Last week, a group of mates from the Noble Park Football Social Club saved the life of their 70-year-old friend, after he suffered a Sudden Cardiac Arrest. The Clubs Automatic External Defibrillator was applied and delivered one shock. The person came to and was awake and coherent when paramedics arrived to take him to hospital.
His friends were understandably emotional, but we are sure they are proud that they were calm under pressure and that they knew where the defibrillator was located within the Club and were able to use it.