Do I need special training to use an AED?
It is Defib For Life’s aim to ensure all people are capable and confident to use an AED in a case of emergency.
While using an AED is simple, we recommend pairing it with face to face AED training. The trainers can guide you through some of the considerations and special circumstances for using an AED, and give you the confidence to respond to any emergency.
The training will also incorporate the maintenance of the AED, how to replace the Pads and Batteries.
The Trainer will cover different scenario’s ranging from:
• How to know when someone is in Sudden Cardiac Arrest
• What to do if the patient is in a wet environment
• Making the area safe for the rescuer
• Where to place your hands for CPR
• The Trainer will invite you to try CPR on the mannequin, and will answer all questions
• Having the confidence to respond to a cardiac arrest with an AED can mean the difference between life and death.
Anyone can use an AED but being trained on how to use it will certainly give you the confidence to act as the first responder on the scene until help arrives. Start with opening the lid, stay calm and follow the prompts. Waiting for help to arrive is part of the plan, but the best part of the plan is you having an AED within your tool kit and being confident to use it.